- JOB SUMMARY:The Gaming Ambassador is responsible for creating magical moments for the guest by delivering friendly, timely and accurate service to every guest, every time. This position is considered a BIG Service Ambassador and exemplifies our vision statement of “Connecting BIG Dreams with BIG Fun”.
- SCOPE: The Gaming Ambassador possesses the ability to work their assigned section of the gaming floor with diligence, and a keen eye for barriers that may impact the guest experience. Utilizing the skills, tools, training, and resources provided by the property, the Gaming Ambassador will work to remove those barriers in a timely and efficient manner
- As a BIG Service Ambassador consistently delivers an exceptional guest experience throughout the shift.
- Anticipates guest’s needs and is intentional in establishing a rapport with all guests.
- Observes and maintains contact with guests within an assigned section of the gaming floor and enhances the guest experience through the service provided.
- Knowledgeable of the membership benefits of the player’s loyalty program and the importance of the guest playing with their card.
- Capable of answering guest inquiries about the player’s loyalty program and willing to ask for assistance when necessary.
- Is vigilant in identifying guests not playing with a loyalty card and approaching them in a friendly and helpful manner to encourage the use of the card.
- Takes the initiative to offer a player’s loyalty card to non-members and execute the sign up.
- Assists in the reprinting of the player’s loyalty card for those guests who forgot their card or misplaced it.
- Initiates, and accurately verifies jackpot payouts.
- Performs currency exchanges and other cash transactions with the highest attention to detail.
- Performs minor repairs on gaming terminals, including bill validator and printer jams, as needed.
- Provides guest assistance in the event of a minor malfunction of a terminal and requests assistance for malfunctions requiring advanced technical skills.
- Ensures optimum terminal operation and minimal terminal down time by immediately reporting any malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Responsible and accountable to comply with all key control policies and procedures.
- Consistently carries out terminal illumination and appearance checks.
- Promptly answers any calls for assistance from guests and fellow team members.
- Addresses all floor disputes and complaints in a diplomatic and professional manner and refers any unsettled disputes to a supervisor or manager.
- Provides directions and escorts the guest as needed.
- Utilizes the Gaming Ambassador radio as instructed and always in a professional manner.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the department and adheres to departmental and company policies.
- Possesses the ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
- To provide BIG Service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction, inclusive of greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset.
- The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors.
- The ability and willingness to ensure that work activities are completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- The ability to work safely. This includes clearly understanding and following company safety policies and procedures, completing work in a safe manner, caring about safety of self and others, responding appropriately in an emergency, and reporting unsafe conditions.
- Maintain regular attendance at scheduled shift and staff meetings.
- Maintain professionalism and a friendly and approachable demeanor throughout the shift.
- Assist with training/mentoring of new team members as requested.
- Maintain all appearance standards in accordance with established uniform and appearance guidelines.
- Inform manager on duty of any irregularities and unusual situations when they occur.
- Ability to keep a friendly, calm, and helpful demeanor in high-stress situations and a continuously fast-paced environment.
- Is honest in all interactions and displays a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision or as part of a team.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
KEY SUCCESS INDICATORS: Maintain a consistent friendly and approachable demeanor with guests and team members. Must possess a passion for delivering exceptional BIG Service consistently.
OTHER DUTIES: The content of this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time to include special projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) preferred.
- Internal candidates must have been in their current position for at least six months and have no active disciplinary action during the last six months.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, this includes day, swing, late-night, weekend, and holiday shifts as scheduled.
- Must be able to obtain required work cards, and non-gaming registration as required by the local jurisdiction.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must pass all required background checks.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move in and around the entire facility throughout the entire workday.
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to repeat the same movements.
- Must be able to engage and interact with all guests appropriately and work well under the pressure of a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to successfully communicate on a regular basis with all co-workers, vendors, and guests both in person and over the telephone.
- Must be able to answer all inquiries and provide assistance and information in a professional and accurate manner.
- Must be able to access and interpret information on computer screens.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist, balance, and work the entire property; to include the ability to tolerate changes in temperature.
- Must be able to work in an environment where smoking is permitted and can be loud with guest chatter, overhead music, and live entertainment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and respond to visual and aural cues.
The content of this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.